Why would you want a cordless chainsaw? If you are looking to use the chainsaw within your home, you probably wouldn’t mind going in for a corded one. However, if you are looking for more flexibility and would want to use it outside, you need one without the cord.
And that is where the Black+Decker LCS1240 12″ 40V Cordless Chainsaw can help. It is a modern chainsaw with advanced technology and is easily portable. With a wholly charged battery, even a ten to twelve inches base firewood tree can be cut down.
Though the chain is slower than a gasoline chainsaw, you would love it since the chains and bars do not heat up which considerably lessens the chain and bar longevity. You would find the machine a bit similar to a two-stroke gas powered one. The cutting is smooth, without any slugging or dragging of wood remnants.
Specifications and Features
The machine does do a good job at what it is expected to do, and can handle many of the small and big tasks equally well. Here is a look at some of the things that you might love about this chainsaw from Black Decker.
Dimensions and Use
The Black+Decker LCS1240 12″ 40V Cordless Chainsaw has a bar length of 12 inches with a low kickback blade and cordless power source. It works on 40 volts and weighs 8.3 lbs. The handsaw can be used for trimming branches and slicing stems and consist of a battery, charger, bar with chain and a scabbard.
The battery is a 40V max lithium-ion battery that the company states can last five times as long as a normal battery. It is easy to handle, not bulky and portable; something you would really need if you’re going to use this machine for the longer term.
The 12” Oregon small kickback bar is attached to the chain to make the cuts flat, even and swift. Free chain rigidity gives prompt, speedy and effortless chain modifications. There is also a mechanical oiling system and a battery charge indicator.
The chainsaw provides a maximum of 40 voltage, which is a speed of around 5 m/s. There is a shield to protect users if wood particles fly back or the chain is undone while sawing.
- You can easily spot the automatic oiling as you pour the oil from a tank in the front of the handle.
- You will be using bar oil, much like in the gas chainsaws. While non-detergent motor oil can still be an alternative, bar oil is preferable for its wide availability.
- There is a wrap around the bale handle, made for secured and relaxed sawing. The soft padded handle also allows movements in different directions. Modifications can be made in the chain tension with the help of the illustration beside the adjuster.
- It is easy to keep the proper tension without you need any other tool, a prerequisite for user safety and durability of the chain.
- The machine is capable of sawing huge trees like the sycamore and mulberry without stopping or slugging when the tank is filled.
- The chainsaw has efficient fuel usage and so the fuel costs are reasonable and last a long time. It can be a great companion for camping youngsters to easily cut firewood.
- Though the Black+Decker LCS1240 12″ 40V Cordless Chainsaw is powerful and efficient; it can only be used for light to average cutting tasks.
- You will only need a little pruning to cut the tree.
- The tank is medium sized and needs to be checked regularly every thirty minutes.
- Also, you may not love the noise that you would get; it is a little bit tad noisy, and unless you’re living in the countryside, your neighbours might just not like it.
If you’re looking for a chainsaw that can help you in trimming and cutting in your own backyards, this one from Black and Decker offers a pleasant experience.
You would like the automatic oiling system that is sure to make your work faster and easier and the handle that offers a comfortable and secure grip. Do remember to order the oil at the same time when you’re ordering this, as the machine does not come with it. You’d have to buy it separately.