Gravity can get the best of women. What once were glorious round orbs that men ogled and drooled over, years later, are deflated, sad sandbags. The bigger they come, the lower they fall. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about. Besides going under the knife and getting Dolly Parton’s claim to fame, there are non-surgical ways to keep your fun bags as fun as possible!
The pectoral muscles are located behind your bazookas. By exercising these muscles, they will lift; thereby lifting your love melons to a firmer and perkier position as well.
The best exercises to firm your breasts
- Pushups: To ensure that you’re working all the different muscles in your chest, do these three pushups (if these are too difficult, modify the pushup by keeping your knees on the ground, but make sure your body from your knees to the crown of your head is as straight as possible):
- Regular pushups. Get on your hands and knees. Straighten your legs and support your body with just your feet and arms, keeping your body in as straight of a line as possible from your toes to the crown of your head. Place your arms directly below your shoulders with your fingers facing forward. Lower down and do 5 very slow pushups as low as you can go. Then do 10 faster pushups.
- Military pushups. Move your arms wider than shoulder width. Turn your arms so that your fingers are pointing in at a 45-degree angle. Do 5 slow pushups and 10 fast pushups.
- Tricep pushups. Do regular pushups, but when lowering, make sure you keep your elbows in, brushing against your rib cage. Do 5 slow pushups and 10 fast pushups.
- Chest fly: Whilst lying down with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor and 3 to 7 lb weights in your hands. With your elbows bent a little, bring your arms up until the weights touch together. Gently bring them down until they are lying flat again on the floor. Use heavier weights if this is not challenging enough for you.
- Chest press: Lay on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat and your arms stretched out in opposite directions. Grab 3 to 7 lb weights in each hand and lift them with your arms straight until they are above your chest. Keep your abs tight. Gently lower the weights back down to the ground. Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions. Use heavier weights if this is not challenging enough for you.
Other simple ways to help your cha-chas:
- Wear a supportive sports bra while you exercise. Heck, sometimes I wear TWO! You’ll be doing your girls a favor by keeping the bouncing and stretch to a minimum. If you’ve got particularly large honeys, look for a sports bra with underwire and thick straps.
- Out with the old, in with the new. Bras have a shelf life. If the supportive band stretches or the clasps on the bra don’t give you a tight, supportive fit, it’s time to toss them out and get new ones.
- Keep your weight from jumping around. Significant weight gain and loss can lead to stretch marks and less-than-taut skin. We definitely don’t want that!
- Use sunscreen. Not only will exposure to ultraviolet rays increase your chances of developing skin cancer, it will also break down the collagen and elastin in your skin…not good for your precious pair.
Check out this video for a more visual approach and some extra ideas: