This electric chainsaw is bigger and powerful compared to the Work WG303.1. It is durable chainsaw with excellent features for example an auto chain tensioner which simplifies the sawyer’s work when it comes to adjusting the chain’s tension. Moreover, it provides some degree of safety thanks to the low kickback chain and chain brake. It is a lightweight tool hence easy to move around with. It is the cheapest chainsaw in the market making it the perfect tool for those with frequent cutting projects.
Features and Specifications
1. 15 Amp Engine
This engine is a cut above the rest, coming with a peak power of up to 4 Hp. It also uses an extension cord that supports an electric current of 120 volts. This is enough power to go about heavy cutting projects.
Impressive Auto Tensioner- The system works hand in hand with an oversized knob that is securely fixed on the guide bar to help in maintaining the chain’s tension when cutting wood. When adjusting the chain’s tension, little effort is required hence eliminating any chances of over tightening the chain. Through this, the bar and chain life is increased in the long run.
2. Chain Brake
The chain brake helps in eliminating the risk of a kickback, in case the chain comes into contact with unwanted objects when cutting wood. It works in seconds, stopping the chain from snapping off the chain bar hence preventing injuries on the sawyer’s hand and head.
3. Auto Oiler
The automatic lubricator works in hand with an oil tank of 6.75oz, automatically oils the chain and its bar. The oil tank has a transparent level indicator which shows the level at which one should refill it. An easy to open cap is available, easing up the process of refilling the lubricant’s tank.
4. Protective Sheath
The chain cutter is usually sharp and can cause injury even when it’s not in use. The sheath offers protection to anyone who may accidentally touch the chain when not in use or when being transported. It also eliminates the risk of damaging the chain when it comes into contact with metal or a concrete floor.
5. Rubber Molded Rear Handle
This helps in giving the sawyer the much required operator comfort and control. It also has an ergonomic full wrap front handle making it easy for the users to lift it from one place to another.
- Easy to use– The chainsaw is a cut above other chainsaws as it has quality features such as the free tool chain adjustment, hence eliminating the headache that comes with adjusting a loose chain in the first place. In addition to this, the chainsaw comes with a chain catcher that reduces the risk of accidents that come with the snapping of tight chains when the tool is on.
- Powerful tool for tough cutting projects– Its engine produces a peak power of up to 4.0 Hp. This is enough power to cut through tough logs without the need of exerting pressure on it. Its long guide bar holds the chain in place hence stability in the long run while also providing the auto oiler easy time to apply the lubricant. The powerful engine produces enough power to rotate the chain which has a pitch of 3/8” and gauge of 0.5”.
- Environmentally Friendly Tool– Since the chainsaw is powered by electricity, it has zero emissions, unlike petrol or diesel powered chain saws. Additionally, it produces less noise making it a suitable tool to use at any time of the day, whether day or night.
- The biggest drawback to this chainsaw is that it only uses electricity in order to operate.
- It also come with a rather short extension cord and one may be required to buy an additional extension cord in order to travel widely when cutting wood at different locations.
- This battery powered chainsaw lucks the much needed durability that comes with gas powered chainsaws.
This chainsaw is the right tool for cutting light and medium sized trunks. It is also among the low range priced chainsaws in the market and requires little maintenance. It releases no fumes and works efficiently compared to petrol powered chainsaw. It produces less noise to the surroundings making it usable at any time; day or night in your yard without disturbing the neighborhood.
Interested in another WORX model? Click here to read our review on the WORX WG303.1 Chainsaw!